Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Antique Rose No. 10 - Eye Enhancer

I have been using this faithfully for a long, long time now, because I pretty much liked it the moment I started using it one year ago.

Many have already reviewed the Burberry eyeshadows, but I do believe that mine will be different, because this is not about Pale Barley, and there is a big twist to it that I need to talk about.

So if you'd like a little different perspective, then read on!

Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Antique Rose No. 10 - Eye Enhancer


Available: Burberry counter @ Tangs Orchard, $44.

Volume: 2.5 g.

Star Properties: Soft, creamy, velvety.

Ingredients:


Packaging
Burberry's packaging is undeniably good (until I found out much later). Their products come in the familiar Burberry cream, and the box has a textured finish.


The product comes in a black velvet pouch, just like many other luxury brands.

The eye shadow compact itself comes in a dark metal finish box, with the Burberry checkered pattern printed on it.


Eye Shadow
The eyeshadow definitely one of the best in the luxury eyeshadow market. I think it is in the same league as Guerlain and Giorgio Armani, in terms of quality, except that I find Giorgio Armani slightly softer, creamier, and more velvety, than Burberry and Guerlain.

The Burberry eyeshadow is also pigmented, and long-lasting.

The only thing that some may not like, is that it is sheer. But do note that it claims it is a sheer eyeshadow. I think it is sheer in the sense that the finish is soft, and not intense like Sugarpill or M.A.C eyeshadows.

The sheer finish is perfect for office look, which is what Burberry is targeting.


Colour
The colour Antique Rose No. 10 is a lightly-metallic finish Burgundy Maroon. It is a very unique colour.

Almost all, if not all, of Burberry eyeshadows are unique, in that you really can't quite dupe any of them, not exactly. Many people have tried comparing the more common colours like Pale Barley, to something else, but there is always some subtle difference. This is definitely one of the biggest selling point of Burberry single eyeshadows.


On my eyes, you can see it in a couple of my FOTDs, such as here, and here.

My absolute favourite way of wearing this, is in the outer-V of my eyes, paired with theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer all over the lids. It is simply amazing.


I have also used this is my recent makeup video, here.