Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Guo Pei Part 2




Hello beautiful blushing blushes.  I am so in love with these two blushes.  Both are extremely unique.  First lets start with the obvious, packaging!!! I haven't been collecting MAC Cosmetics long, but I have never come across anything like this or even it's price tag to say the least.  These two beautiful blushes are housed in a gold metal container.  The lids having a silk square fabric overlay on them.  The fabric may be beautiful, but I fear with time will get dirty from handling it. Looks like I'm going to have to take extra care of these blush compacts. 

As far as texture and finish, these two  may be siblings but not identical.  I could not have asked for a better light pigmented blue undertone pink!  "Lotus Blossom" is packing some serious punch to it.  To the touch it is a tad bit chalky expect much fall out.  This is a matte shade and shows up nicely on my skin tone.  "Red Water Lily" although described as a coral pink at lest to me is a deep satin mauve.  This is a dense blush and takes some serious effort to swatch.  I did notice just from swatching it that it absorbed oils easily.  I suggest using a clean brush for every application.  I also suggest using a dense brush to better help pick up the product, it's that dense.  "Red Water Lily" I know is already going to be my go to shade this fall.  This is that perfect cold weather flushed look.

Now down to the nitty gritty, the price tag.  Hold on tight because this is going to be a bumpy ride and its just going to get worse LOL.  Both blushes containing 6 grams of product each retail for whopping $40.00, a bit steep if you ask me.  MAC Cosmetics blushes range from $17.00 - $27.00 this is about double the price of a standard 6 gram blush.  I have to admit I love the packaging but I'm still questioning if the packaging was really worth the additional $20.00?  As of the time of this posting, these blushes are still available on MAC Cosmetics website.  If interested in reading my trendy thoughts on the lipsticks in this collection click here.

Till next time

Amber

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar