Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It's Good to Be Back! Happy 2011!

After being away from blogging for a few weeks, it feels good to be back in the "land of the living!" Now that the holidays are over, I am ready to write, share new products reviews with you, and start making comments again on your blogs again!

I hope everyone's holidays were enjoyable! Mine were so busy, I feel like I need a vacation! I hosted Christmas dinner and New Year's Eve. I went to my sister's Christmas Eve party, hung out with my parents, and celebrated with my in-laws. Moreover, on the day after Christmas, my parents, the man, myself, my sister, my brother-in-law, and my niece and nephew went to New York City on Amtrak. Every year around the holidays, we visit NYC for a few days for fun, dining, and shopping, and also to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.

Let me tell you, New York City during a blizzard is a sight to be hold! I love snow and winter but walking from 50th and 6th down to 36th and 8th (after the Rockettes Show) in the bitter cold, driving snow, and gale-force winds is pure hell. Normally, we would have taken cabs back to our hotel but no cabs were running and the few that were out were just spinning in place.

The Amtrak and local airports were shut down for a few days but luckily we were all able to get back home to the DC area on Tuesday evening. I will go back to New York for sure but never during a winter storm. It is so not worth it!

So, now that it's 2011, I am eager to get back into the gym, train for a marathon, and continue to learn to sew! I will be 36 in April and I want to be healthier, fitter, and more knowledgeable when it comes to all things vintage!

Here's to a new year, gals!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar