Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lime Crime Velvetine in Beet It

I know part of me feels like I should lower my head in shame. I've known about the controversial status of lime crime for a very long time and managed to steer clear of the brand even when reviews were mostly positive and popular. Well let's be serious - the brand is still popular, perhaps now even more so but perhaps possible now for all the wrong reasons. Personally I don't know if all the rumours are true, although as the old adage says - there's no smoke without fire. Nevertheless, whilst everyone seemed to be blowing up about the supposed (I ain't trying to get sued y'all) CEO's bad character/business skills, FDA warnings, racist costume (+ collection) and security breach etc. - folks were still flaunting (wearing), wanting and trying to find dupes for the shades which put me into two minds.  

The first being - how much abuse can a consumer take? Seriously some of the allegations are frightful. I mean I love a good lipstick like the next fellow but, I'm not going to support a dodgy company or even consider dupes if I feel I've been seriously wronged. However, the whole world and their momma seemed to be doing just that. 

Secondly - how good must the velevetines be for people to want to seek out dupes of shades and colours? Of course the latter got the wheels in my lip lust machine turning and after a brief but pivotal encounter with a mate at work, who purchased straight from the brand and swore that the sky didn't fall over, I went for it and purchased a velvetiene. 

Excuse me while I revel in this dirty feeling. 

The process

Lime Crime has a whole bunch of Velvetines so it took me a while to decide if I wanted something ubiquitous or unique. Yes, I seriously did look at Alien but settled for Beet It as I figured it would fit my skin tone and allow me to wear it on a everyday basis more so than a glow in the dark green. So, I bought Beet It from Love Makeup a Uk website - their service has always been exemplary but funnily enough my mate at work had the opposite opinion (order went wrong). Well, that just shows how experiences and opinions can differ. It took my package 2 days to arrive with standard shipping which is super amazing!

All right - here goes - into the review.


Scent: One of the main reasons I wanted to try/buy a velvetine was because it apparently smelt yummy like vanilla cupcakes. Truthfully, the smell is like pre-mixed cake batter - you know - the ones you get in supermarkets that smell like their full of chemical **** and taste like plastic. Plus the scent is actually a bit alcoholic and makes my head feel funny when I sniff it (solvent abuse?). However, luckily for me -  the smell isn't strong at all and is only really apparent if I'm actively trying to identify the weird vanilla smell. I'm actually rather disappointed about the scent but the more I smell it, the more I think - its not that bad (think vanilla essence - the fake kind). I suppose I just was expecting it to smell better than it does - a classic case of expecting too much. 


Formula: Very thin and runny yet surprisingly pigmented. I was seriously unsure whether or not this liquid lipstick would even dry, let alone look matte upon first application. Needless to say, it took a long while for it to dry down but, when it did the results were beautiful. Not only does this liquid lipstick feel comfortable but its smooth in look touch and feel. This liquid lipstick is seriously kiss proof, light weight and pigmented.


Colour: Beet It - appears on the lime crime website as a dark berry toned colour (on my screen at least) but in actuality is more true to its written description "a deep berry pink". I was aware of this difference as I scrawled through various pictures and videos and found out that it wasn't quite so dark/deep. I really like this colour and I think its a great wearable shade on all skin tones. Its really pretty.


Packaging: I think its cute. I like the roses and the frosted bottle and yes I am hugely aware that the consumer gets only 2.6mls of products so its pretty expensive for the amount - what can I say? Cuteness is costly e.g. just like children.

Longevity: I have worn this shade out and I found that whilst it was drying, it was not that drying and I could layer the lipstick when the inner parts disappeared on my lips after an oily meal. Yet, if I tried to "smoosh" my lips together it would peel off leaving little patches *eek*. Hence, whilst I'll say this liquid lipstick is water proof it did/does wear away when it contact with oily food (from my experience). 

Price:  £13.95 which expensive for amount you get 2.6 mls. 

Dupes?

Top to Bottom: Sleek Matte Me Velvet Slipper, Lime Crime Velvetine in Beet It and Sleek Matte Me in Fandango Purple swatched on my hand.
I thought I'd appease disgruntled lime crime admires by finding a dupe in my collection and I did find two Sleek liquid lipsticks that bore similarities to Beet It - Velvet Slipper and Fandango Purple. However, both fall short of being dupes. Although, I'd say they are in the same colour/shade family. I think Beet It is a perfect mixture of the two as its - a dusty nudish ash purple with a bright pink undertone.  I even tried mixing the two together to get the same colour - it worked a bit but, the formula of lime crime is much more durable  so its not exactly the same and its cheaper to buy 2 Sleek matte me lipsticks than 1 velvetine.  *Wait* I actually have found a dupe - La Girl pigmented matte pigment gloss in Rebel - takes around 2 coats for the same opacity but it matches - see pic below!


Lime crime is applied on my top lip and la girl on the bottom.
Overall Thoughts: Ok ... this liquid lipstick is good. I can see why lime crime velvetines have fans. However, I won't go so far as to say I'm one of them but this purchase has got me interested in trying just a few more things and honestly in spite of all the controversy lime crime has produced some really unique colours that has taken the intranet makeup world by storm. Kudos. 

Ingredients: Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Kaolin, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance. May Contain (+/-): Mica CI 77019, Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Red 7 Lake CI 15850, Red 22 Lake CI 45380, Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Red 30 Lake CI 73360, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Manganese Violet CI 77742. 
Expiration: 12 months. 
Have you tried any products from Lime Crime?
Are you into matte liquid lipsticks?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!
:0)
Stay Blessed
x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar