Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Latest MAC Lipstick Additions


MAC lipsticks have always been my favourite and lately, I've expanded my collection by a couple more. I've been really excited to try a formula I never have from their selection, and also picked up a shade lately that's a bit darker and different than the rest of my MAC lipsticks.


The first of the two I actually bought a few months back, when I was at the airport on my way to my holiday, but never found a chance to write about it on my blog. The shade I chose was Cosmo, which I was really excited to try because its formula is an Amplified Creme. I would best describe that as the creamy feel a cremesheen has while also having the pigmentation of a satin or even matte formula would. It's a really lovely formula and I'm really glad to have added one to my collection.


The shade itself, Cosmo is a really pretty pink nude. It's perfect to wear everyday, especially because the formula means it is long-lasting and a gorgeous shade without drying out your lips. It's lovely to switch up from the mattes every so often and go for a cream finish so this is perfect for that. I can't say I've worn it loads yet because I tended to stick to brown-tones throughout autumn but I know it will be an essential for me come spring-summer.


My second addition to my collection I purchased while in Chester, where their MAC counter inside Debenhams had 15% off. It was an offer I just had to take advantage of, and the shade Retro was one I had been eyeing up for a while. It's my second of MAC's lipsticks in their satin formula, which is definitely my favourite of all their formulas, so I was so excited to get another one.


When I swatched Retro in store, I'm sure it looked browner than it actually is, but that's not neccessarily a bad thing! Their website describes it as a peachy-pinky brown, whereas for me I'd say it's a bit more red toned, but maybe that's just me?! It's actually good it's a bit different because it's so unlike the rest of my MAC lipsticks, and even all my lipsticks for that matter. I've already worn it twice since I got it only a week or so ago and I know I'll be wearing it a lot. Because it's a bit darker it's probably more of an evening or with a less-smoky-eye look, but I have liked wearing it during the day too.


As I mentioned before, the satin finish is my absolute favourite and it's perfect for a shade like Retro. It's really pigmented, doesn't feel at all sticky like a cream lipstick may do, but there are no drying worries like you might have with a matte. Plus, it can often be a bit more flattering to have a slight-sheen to your lips which is why satin has to be my favourite.


 Have you purchased any new lipsticks lately? I definitely don't need to buy anymore now, but I always love reading your favourites and recommendations!

EG x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar