Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Colourpop Haul

Nightcall by Daft Punk & Kavinsky
Yep ... I bought a few new things from Colour Pop. Their range seems to have developed since the last time I did a haul and whilst I wasn't astounded by the products I bought last time, I did like some of the products I tried, and I think the brand is pretty neat in general ... So, I ended up getting a few new things and missing out on all the meh I bought last time (e.g. the dry gel liners,  parched liquid lipsticks etc). 

My Order
One of the best things about ordering from Colour Pop this time around was the international fees which are now included! So, I didn't get any custom charges shocks. It came in good time - around a week -  and everything was securely packaged. In total, I bought 7 items. I mainly wanted to try out the "monochromatic" eye palette in yellow but decided that I would add a few more things to try, for trying sake. 

Monochromatic Palettes 
If you haven't noticed already Colourpop is having a thing with monochrome. Forget black and white, its simple colour themed palettes accompanied by an entire lip/blush etc. sets (very crafty). Personally, I really dig this concept and the punny names. Perhaps they'll go classic (black/white) one day or blended monochrome and do a palette called "The Grey Shift" with deep blackened greys, light ones and duo-chrome shifting shimmery shades that's a modern twist on dreamscape office makeup with a 60s mod theme. Don't get me wrong I love bright colours (hence the palettes below) but I have a feeling that what is on the horizon next is grey (you heard it here folks). 
light swatching
First things first, the pigmentation of certain shades in both palettes on my dark skin are weak. There are some shades that barely show up on my skin and just give a light wash of colour and looks like a base colour e.g. Uh-huh Honey has no shades dark enough to be classic crease shades and the darkest colour 'buzz kill' is a mere neutral beige on my lids/skin. Also, some of the shades in both palettes look no different on my skin/lids - the yellows are all one tone and the oranges. Yet, that hasn't necessarily stopped me from enjoying the palettes as I do like using these brighter chalky shades as neutrals vs chalky beiges. 

Orange You Glad 
heavy swatching
I already had an orange in my collection from Sugarpill (in Flamepoint) and to be honest it's good enough to stand safely on its own against this 12 pan palette. What can I say, I just wanted to join in the pun! *wallet cries*. The shimmers on both palettes are beautiful and smooth etc. the mattes a little chalky (but that's kinda a thing now for me) and both palettes have an awesome pressed glitter (no fall out) that just so happens to be unsafe/not recommended for eyes (excuse me what?). I'm not sure where I'm going to put them since I'm not about the cochlea-cover-my-eyebrows-in-glitter life but, I may just have to get creative.  

taken with flash and without flash under yellow indoor lighting  (Clemintine from OYG and Palooza from UHH)
It's a real shame that both Clemintine and Palooza are not qualified as eye safe shades because they are really beautiful and apply so smoothly on the skin without any fallout. A twisted makeup tragedy to be tempted with such a great beautiful formula - in an eye palette, for it to not be used on the eyes. It's like creating a cake that looks good, would taste great but you sprayed it with bug spray and waxing chemicals to just make it look pretty and if you were to eat it although it would taste nice - you just might die (an exaggerative analogy but nonetheless relevant). 

Uh-Huh Honey 
heavy swatch with flash
Yellow is such a hard eyeshadow colour to translate well on dark skin and when I saw all the darker ladies swatching it and living up the yellow life, I just had to join. The good thing is that some yellows do show up on me. The bad? Some really blend into my skin and despite swatching "oh beehave" several times it would not behave and show up. I don't know what vo-hoo some of you are using for swatching shades but it ain't bare skin. Furthermore, ladies who do arm swatches need a medal because my arm had to do all kinds of contortions for what you see above - be grateful. 
 


the other tings
Foundation
No Filter Foundation in Dark 175 (25mls 0.85fl oz.) RRP $12.00
This foundation is amazing, it has superb coverage for such a lightweight product. However, I should've opted for the shade(s) 180/185 but, I can make 175 work (mixing it with a darker foundation) however if there was an option where I could swap and change it - I would. If you're looking for full coverage this is it! Plus, if I'm being "real" with you, it beats much more expensive trendy foundations *coughs Fenty* in terms of coverage and price. Yet, I'm going to go in-depth in a face files foundation series review later about everything but trust and believe my first opinion is that this is good!  A little drop goes a long way. 


Concealer
Concealer in Dark 40
Eeek so light. I would opt for a more orange tone than beige but it does work at lightening the under-eye area and reminding me I need more sleep. I should've bought shade 48 but, I used shade swatches to choose and yeah it's no my shade - my fault. Coverage is okay but I think a darker shade would work better because it gives me an ashy tone. 

Lips
Glossy Lip in Brown Sugar: A beige nude. I wouldn't wear it on its own but I'd apply it on top of other lip products in the centre or with a blended brown lip liner. I was eager to try the Colourpop lip gloss formula its nice but I could easily skip it.

Lip Plumper: I was concerned that this would look pasty but it doesn't. The golden sparkle is gorgeous it has a nice cool minty feel, spearmint scent and looks nice. I wouldn't pile it on (then it would get ashy) but a sheer application gives a basic glossy finish that is slightly beige in tone. I have an aliexpress dupe which is also good but this gloss is much thicker. I can see myself buying from this range again. 

Lipstick in Solo: A Korean inspired formula that actually does well to give the lips a blurring effect. Such a beautiful shade of red and texture. I was tempted to try out Lime Crimes Plush liquid lipsticks and in a Cherry Soda and then I realised I had this and so the desire went out the window. Unfortunately, Colourpop has eradicated this line which is a shame ... I think CP's lipstick could do with some marketing/rebranding because the formula is too nice to be tossed around and there's not much hype about them when there should be (or I'm just not listening reviews anymore - true). 

End Thoughts: Colourpop is ruling the budget beauty game. Sure their prices are hiking up as they grow up but that's all about dey glow up, right. The only thingz that annoy me about the brand is that their ranges don't last, deals are sporadic and their collabs could be more creative. Recently Colourpop has unleashed their hydrating foundation which looks like a spin-off straight off of Fenty's coattails and I am persuaded to pursue. Just like their "Matte-no-filter foundation" is similar to Fenty's "Pro Filter foundation" (also matte) if that foundation is as good as the one I've just tried, then I'm going to have to partake for research purposes, of course. 



Have you tried anything from Colourpop?


Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar