Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Pure Reds: the drugstore answer to MAC matte lipsticks


Bold matte lips are all I wear these days and as every good makeup addict I have been drooling on the new MAC Matte LE lipsticks. However, I'm not ready to spend 19€ per lipstick, I guess it's a psychological thing, dunno. You can imagine then my reaction to a new release from the drugstore: the L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Pure Reds, a full line of red matte lipsticks with different undertones to suit all different skin tones.


There are 10 shades in the range, but only four were released in The Netherlands, of which I picked up 3:
  • Julianne's Red: a strawberry red with a tip of pink in it, thought for natural red heads, I've never had something like it, very unique;
  • Blake's Red: a true classic red, slightly blue toned, reminds me of MAC Rubi Woo which I've been wanting for a while, but now not anymore;
  • Letitia's Red: a deep burgundy red, very similar to MAC Diva, which I have and love.
  • Doutzen's Red: this is quite orange, with not much red left to it, I didn't get this one.

L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Pure Reds: Julianne, Blake and Letitia

The packaging is the one I learned to love with their Collection Privee Nudes collection: a matte sleek case with gold detailing, very elegant and definitely looks and feel high end. Then to the most important thing: the formula! These L'Oreal lipsticks dry to a demi-matte finish, and for this I mean it is matte, but doesn't look or feel dry on the lips. The application is smoother than the MAC matte formula and doesn't drag the lips, making it more comfortable to apply and wear during the day. These last really long thanks to the tint they leave, which means that your lips will never look undone during the day and there is no weird patchiness in the fading. This is exactly what I look for in a lip product. And here are the lip swatches.

L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Pure Reds: Julianne's Red
L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Pure Reds: Blake's Red
L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Pure Reds: Letitia's Red


As you can see the pigmentation is amazing and these are applied right from the bullet, because that's as far of a hustle as I can take in the morning. Oh and excuse my chapped lips for the last picture, I'm going through a hard time with the colder weather closing in.

My verdict? Amazing! These retail for 15€ at the drugstore, but I got them all at half price, because that's what you can find at the drugstore (not at MAC, like EVER, grr). I really recommend these and with all the shades you will definitely find your perfect red! Now I just have to find a way to get my claws on all the shades that are not available here!

Which one do you prefer? What would your Pure Red be?
xo
A

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar